We would like to take the opportunity to give you advance warning that the New Regent’s College project will temporarily extend its working hours on the following dates and times:
- Saturday 1st September 8am – 8pm
- Sunday 2nd September 9am – 8pm
The reason for the extended opening of the site over the weekend is to permit the dismantle of the site’s tower crane, TC2. The tower crane will be dismantled using the tower crane that has already been erected within the site (TC1).
In a bid to minimise disruption and impact on residents, we will be taking the following mitigation measures:
- We have chosen the most efficient route to the site for the articulated vehicles. This will minimise impact on residents and utilises the site’s normal traffic
- Vehicle engines will be switched off to minimise the impact on neighbours and the environment from idling
- Where communication is required between vehicles, cranes or erection personnel, hand held radios will be utilised. This will avoid unnecessary noise caused by raised
- Safety lighting (should it become necessary during the dismantle) will be kept to the minimum that is necessary to ensure the works can progress
- Components will be removed from site in the most efficient sequence to minimise the onsite operation that is required to dismantle the tower
We apologise that we are required to extend the site opening times on this occasion, however please be assured that we will do everything possible to mitigate and minimise disruption.
Should you have any queries on this activity, please do not hesitate to contact the project’s Community Liaison Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org