RE: Notification of extended working hours for tower crane erection
Further to the April and May monthly newsletters that we have previously distributed which have provided outline details of our tower crane erection, we would like to take the opportunity to give you advance warning that the New Regent’s College project will temporarily extend its working hours on the following dates and times:
- Saturday 29th July 08.00-20.00
- Sunday 30th July 09.00-20.00 (Noisy works between 09.00-17.00)
The reason for the extended opening of the site over the weekend is to permit erection of the site’s second (and final) tower crane, TC2. The tower crane that is to be erected will be done so using the tower crane that has already been erected within the site (TC1). Vehicles loaded with components will be unloaded from within the site, negating the need for any disruption to the public highway in Nile Street.
In a bid to minimise disruption and impact on residents, we will be taking the following mitigation measures:
- We have chosen the most efficient route to the site for the articulated vehicles. This will minimise impact on residents and utilises the site’s normal traffic route.
- Once articulated vehicles are within the site’s unloading area, vehicle engines and lights will be switched off to minimise the impact on neighbours and the environment from idling engines.
- Where communication is required between vehicles, cranes or erection personnel, hand held radios will be utilised. This will avoid unnecessary noise caused by raised voices.
- Safety lighting (should it become necessary during the erection) will be kept to the minimum that is necessary to ensure the works can progress safely.
- Components will be delivered to site in the most efficient sequence, including elements being pre-built where possible to minimise the onsite operation that is required to erect the tower crane.
We apologise that we are required to extend the site opening times on this occasion, however please be assured that we will do everything possible to mitigate and minimise disruption. Should you have any queries on this activity, please do not hesitate to contact Sandra Saxton, the project’s Community Liaison Officer (or a member of the site team) on: NewRegentsCollege@mclarengroup.com
Traffic Management plan below: